THE HEADS UP PRODUCT MARKETER
More Creativity + More Ideas + More Fun = More Profits!San Diego, California 92024
Messages: (949) 260-9704 • Residence: (310) 503-1149
Marketing and Product Development Professional with more than 10 years of international experience generating revenue for small to mid-tier companies. Reputation as a results driven global leader who is skilled in the latest digital and social media techniques.
- Hands-On Product Marketing / Business Development: Created and founded full-service marketing firm and grew business to more than 70 clients within four years (Barrel O’Monkeyz).
- Go-To-Market / Product Launch: Launched and built a successful start-up company and took it national within the first year leading to successful acquisition (Vizion Products).
- International Product Development / Ideation: Developed and led 1st product management department for $500M global company which led to improved gross margins of approximately 10% (Targus Inc.).
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Strategic Partnerships & Licensing
- Brand Marketing & Communications
- Digital & Social Media & Web
- Multi-Channel Sales
- Direct, Retail & eCommerce
- SEM & SEO
- Competitive Analysis
- Creativity & Design
- Pricing, Budgets & P&L
BRAND & LICENSING EXPERIENCE
- Actions Sports
- Comic Books
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumer Products
- Recreational Products
- Sporting Goods
- Toys, Novelty & Gifts
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND BOARDS
BA, Business Administration and Marketing, University of San Diego, San Diego, California
CSMA, Certified Social Marketing Associate,e-Marketing Certification, December 2011
Boards & Clubs
American Marketing Association, North County USD Alumni Association, Huntington’s Disease Society of America Miss Mission Beach Beauty Pageant, Marketing Executive Networking Group (MENG) San Diego Sports Innovators (SDSI)
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND & ACCOMPLISHMENTS*
Provider of full-spectrum marketing services targeting sports, recreational, toy and gift products.
Product Marketing & Business Development
Created and launched full-service virtual marketing firm targeting Sports and Toy Companies and led its continual growth and development based on the economic demand for outsourced marketing services within the U.S.
- Grew Barrel O’Monkeyz to more than 75 small to mid-range clients over more than four years from consulting and go-to-market strategies to tactical execution. Built and managed Barrel O’Monkeyz’s troop of 30 hard-working, dynamic, fun-loving marketing and development experts from around the country, providing companies with a top tier alternative to traditional brick-and-mortar agencies.
World’s largest manufacturer of sports and gaming storage products for today’s collectors ($60M Revenue).
Marketing & Product Development
As a member of Ultra Pro’s executive team, wore multiple hats in support of the company’s global objectives. This included serving as Vice President of Marketing for Courage Brands and Vice President of Product Development for Ultra Pro’s gaming and sports collectibles division.
- Developed and implemented go-to-market strategies and tactics for Ultra Pro’s novelty pen line, Courage Brands ($12M Revenue). This featured one of the nation’s hottest growing pens, Kooky Klickerswww.kookys.com . Responsibilities included product branding, licensing, advertising, public relations, cause marketing, product development, events, tradeshows, marketing collateral, ecommerce, web design and more. Managed a team of 10 and a $500K budget / P&L.
- Led and managed Ultra Pro’s core line of products ($35M Revenue) from ideation and design through development and manufacturing. Responsibilities included product conceptualization, product management, design, sourcing, purchasing and vendor management for sports storage and gaming products. Supervised a team of 10 and managed a $400K annual budget.
- Established company’s first overseas international office; developed and implemented team orientation policies, procedures and analytical tools, contributing to 5% development cost reduction and 20% reduction in time to market.
Designer and manufacturer of innovative storage products for the automotive market ($1M Revenue), acquired by Plasticolor.
Marketing / Product Development
Created and implemented vision and positioning behind company’s products and led successful nationwide go-to-market product line launch. Managed all operational aspects of the business, including marketing strategies, sales, product development, production, licensing, financing, accounting, purchasing, and global supply chain. Managed a team of 10 and a $500K budget / P&L.
- Launched and executed a successful startup company that generated sales of more than $1M leading to acquisition by a major national company. Distribution included Wal-Mart, Target, AutoZone, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, CSK, Murray’s, Canadian Tire, Hot Topics, Fred Meyer’s, Meijer’s and VIP Discount Auto.
- Created in-bound licensing program with Ford, Dodge and Chevy, while developing products for Orange County Chopper, Monster Garage and Harley Davidson. Responsibilities included licensor/client management & services.
World’s largest manufacturer of computer laptop cases ($500M). Acquired Roundhouse in 2001.
Created legacy program by developing and leading Targus’s 1st Product Management Department during a time of hyper growth. Major responsibilities included international product management, product go-to-market launch, product costing, merchandising, staffing, customer service, quality control, global sourcing and vendor management. Supervised 15 employees and managed $750K budget / P&L.
Developed and implemented systems and procedures that consistently delivered new products on time, within budget and that meet aggressive company gross margin goals and objectives:
- Managed the development of more than 300 branded products from concept to retail shelf including Pokémon, Digimon, CDProjects, Glacier Gear, Baby Glacier, Targus, Port, Custom Retail, OEM and more.
- Drove growth within primary retail accounts as member of executive team: Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target and more.
- Reduced product costs by 15% and increased gross margins by 10%, while company doubled in size to $43M.